297′ x 320′
Hotchkiss Park. is comprised of 2.1 acres of gently sloping land along Fourth Street between Strand Street and Hollister Avenue. The park is dedicated to passive recreational use, consisting primarily of open turf traversed by a central pathway. The park is largely open with mature trees along each edge.
Hotchkiss Park is the setting of the public sculpture “Oneness.”
Originally, it was the site of the Mooney Mansion which burned down in 1904. When the City acquired the Hotchkiss property in 1935, it was the site of an abandoned gas station and several dilapidated buildings. The property was donated to the city by Mary Green Mooney Hotchkiss Jauch.