100′ x 160′
Craftsman style residence perched at the top of a steep slope.
Built in 1911, the E.C. Japs/Crossland residence was one of the first of two properties built on Beverly Avenue. At the time, Beverly Avenue was dominated by the Ocean Park Water Company’s reservoir, and was sparsely developed into the 1920s. The residence was constructed by Mr. E.C. Japs, a partner in the Ocean Park office of Japs-Kill Realty. The contractor was listed as the Jones Brothers. According to phone book records, in 1915 the house was sold to Firth and Tudor Crossland, who lived there until the mid 1960s.